There’s just a few days left until the streets of Bergen County, NJ will be overrun with zombies, witches and the like! Have you and your family decided what you’re doing for Halloween 2012?
If you haven’t made any plans yet, I recommend you take your children to any one of the Bergen County community events listed below. These events are the perfect blend of spooky and fun. And they’re guaranteed to give your family a lasting Halloween memory!
Halloween 2012 Events Going on In Bergen County, New Jersey
Here are just some of the community events going on in Bergen County that you and your family can enjoy this Halloween:
Secor Farms Halloween Celebration: Bring your family to Secor Farms in Mahwah for a day of pumpkin picking, corn maze navigating and more! Other features at this farm include a hayride, petting zoo and face cut-out photo opportunities. Plus, the farm carries a large selection of gourds, mums, Halloween decorations and of course – pumpkins!
- When: Public hayrides begin September 29th and will take place every Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 4 PM. Group hayrides are welcomed during the week for parties of 15 or more.
- Where: Secor Farms, 85 Airmont Ave, Mahwah NJ 07430
- Admission: Prices vary
- More Information: Call 201-529-2595
Haunted Happenings at John Fell House: Visit this historic Bergen County house and enjoy everything from scary walking tours by lantern-light to readings from the suspense author Edgar Allen Poe. There will also be costumed characters roaming the property!
- When: Now through Oct. 31; times vary
- Where: John Fell House. Guests will depart on foot from Archer hall, 37 East Allendale Avenue in Allendale.
- Admission: $18 Adults, $14 Children 8 & Under/ Seniors 65 or Older.
- More Info: Call 201-825-8805
Mahwah Halloween Parade: Come enjoy this frightfully fun parade through Mahwah, complete with revelers and participants in costume! This annual parade is fun for all ages!
- When: 6 p.m. on October 31
- Where: Commodore Perry Field on East Ramapo Avenue in Mahwah
- Admission: FREE
- More Information: Call 201-529-5757
NYC Halloween Parade: For those who are willing to make a trek on Halloween Day, I recommend you check out New York City’s Village Halloween parade, which will feature hundreds of puppets, more than 50 bands, dancers, artists and so much more!
- When: 7 p.m. on Oct. 31
- Where: New York City
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 212-513-9300
Bergen County, NJ Halloween Events Map
View Bergen County Area Halloween Event Locations in a larger map
Happy Halloween from Your Friends on the Bergen County Real Estate Market!
Debby, and I hope you and your family have a great Halloween! And if you get a chance to check out one of the events I mentioned above, please let me know what you think of it!
Until next time,